We know that applying for a grant can be daunting—especially if you’ve never done it before. But don’t worry, we’re here for you. And if you ever have any questions, just email email@example.com.
What are grants for?
We offer the Heritage Investment Grants program in an effort to:
- Tell more of the Edmonton story, especially from voices less heard
- Increase stability in Edmonton’s heritage sector
- Develop professional skills
- Move heritage workers towards excellence through the application of standards
- Encourage innovation in heritage projects
- Foster a stronger commitment to preservation of the tangible and intangible
- Bring together creative minds in arts and heritage
Who is eligible?
We offer both organization and individual grants. To find out which is which, head back to our grants page.
How do I apply?
Each grant has a specific application form and requirements that you need to include with your application, and all of the forms are downloadable on this site. You’ll need to fill out the form and answer all the questions, include the required documents and additional information. Let’s be honest with each other—there’s plenty of writing. But we think that it’s worth it and, if you get stuck, we are here for you. Email firstname.lastname@example.org and we’ll do everything we can to help you through the process.
So … how do I write a grant?
How do you decide who gets a grant?
After the deadline we convene a jury for each grant which judges them based on a grading criteria and a ranking system. The Edmonton Heritage Council’s staff and board facilitate the adjudication process, but don’t help make the decisions.
I have a lot more questions.
Great! We have a lot more answers. Check out our FAQ, or peruse the examples and other documents we have available for downloading below. And, like we always say, if you’re stuck and need help, email email@example.com and we’ll help.