Call for Expressions of Interest: Edmonton Heritage Council Board of Directors
The EHC Board is looking for engaged members interested in standing as candidates for the Edmonton Heritage Council Board of Directors, to serve on the Board, beginning in June 2019, for an initial three-year term. The EHC is committed to building a skilled board of directors reflective and inclusive of Edmonton’s community diversity, and encourages interest from persons from the breadth of that diversity.
Specifically, the EHC Board is interested in EHC members who:
- Understand the value of heritage to the present and future life of the city
- Bring a broad perspective of Edmonton’s diverse heritage sector and/or specific heritage expertise
- Are able to build relationships and advocate for the heritage sector
- Are engaged, capable and interested in serving on a public policy board
EHC’s Strategic Goals:
- Engage and activate citizens with Edmonton’s stories and history, and thereby strengthen their connection to the city
- Transform Edmonton’s heritage climate to make it inclusive and accessible to all communities, cultural traditions
- Promote reconciliation between Edmontonians and Indigenous peoples and communities
- Strengthen our organizational framework and evolve our ability to support Edmonton’s heritage sector
If you’re an EHC member interested in serving on the Board, please send a short (250 word) Expression of Interest to Greg Bounds, Chair, Nominations & Succession Committee. For more information about the EHC, please visit edmontonheritage.ca or check out our recent EHC Annual Reports.
Deadline for Expressions of Interest is February 25th, 2019 to firstname.lastname@example.org.