Registration is now open for the symposium Reconciliation and Resurgence: Heritage Practice in Post-TRC Edmonton and the pre-symposium workshop Bridging the Gap: Guiding Principles on Your Path to Reconciliation.
A diverse set of programming will help individuals and organizations from within and outside the heritage sector to find new ways forward with a focus on the Truth and Reconciliation Commission’s Calls to Action pertaining to Museums and Archives and the Heritage sector.
Consider, examine, and revisit current ways of thinking and working in the Heritage sector through presentations based on newly acquired knowledge, teachings, and lessons around the topic of Heritage, Reconciliation, and Indigenous Cultural Resurgence. This symposium will cultivate a space for personal and professional breakthroughs around reconciliation, addressing gaps in representations of Indigenous heritage in our organizations and community-based work.
Visit edmontonheritage.ca/symposium/program to see our steering committee members and updates about the event as they are published. Presentations announced to date include:
- Bridging the Gap: Guiding Principles on Your Path to Reconciliation (pre-symposium workshop registration now open)
- Deh Gah Gotine (“I Am…”): A Celebration of Northern Indigenous Heritage
- Indigenous Naming in Edmonton
- LIMINAL SPACE || AWASITIPAHASKAN
- Métis Kinscapes Project: Navigating “Community” While Researching Métis Relations and Peoplehood at Lac Ste. Anne, AB,
- River Crossing Indigenous Engagement: Building Meaningful Relationships Through Heritage Planning
- Watch this space for much more to come.
Key Dates & Info
- January 16, 2020: Registration opens for symposium and pre-symposium workshop
- February 17, 2020: Registration closes
- March 2, 2020: Bridging the Gap: Guiding Principles on Your Path to Reconciliation (pre-symposium workshop)
- March 3 – 4, 2020: Reconciliation and Resurgence: Heritage Practice in Post-TRC Edmonton
More information, including program notes, can be found here. We will continue to update our program notes page as further details are released. Please contact Kim Ghostkeeper, Guiding Council and Program Committee member at email@example.com with any questions.